Monday, March 26, 2012

Trailers, so hot right now

No, not the double wide kind, the movie kind!
I am a huge movie fan and I love watching previews...especially online when I should be doing something else- like maybe working?!

A good preview can really set the mood and get you totally psyched for the movie. A great example is the preview for the recent American remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
This preview is brilliant and 100% captures the mood of the story. I saw the movie finally this weekend and thought it was really well done (but I still prefer the original Lisbeth Salander).


Then there are the trailers that set the internet abuzz, especially for all the dorks like me.
Here are 2 that are doing that right now... "Prometheus" and "The Hobbit":





This week is bursting at the seams with movies for me- luckily my new Tracy Anderson DVD is on the way b/c I am going to need to work off all the popcorn!

I saw "The Hunger Games" last night and thought it was a really great adaptation of the book. I can't wait for the second one now.

Tomorrow night I am going to see a special screening of Ti West's "The Innkeepers" at the Chalmette theater! I loved West's last movie the 80's inspired "House of the Devil" so I can't wait to see the movie tomorrow!


And on Wednesday I am going to an advanced screening of the new Clive Owen movie, "The Intruders"


I am so excited for these 2 screenings...I love scary movies!!

2 comments:

  1. I think we need a "trailer" night. We can theme it - dress in Trailer Park / Trashy garb, just for the double entrendre, but we all huddle around the TV, hook it up to a computer and watch the iTunes Trailers the whole night and rate which ones we want to see most. Popcorn, booze and other movie snacks are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be the best idea you have ever had- and I've known you a long time!

    ReplyDelete