Friday, March 9, 2012

George Michael, so hot right now- and always, to me

I fell in love with George he first time I saw the Wham! video for  "The Edge of Heaven" on Nick Rocks on Nickelodeon. It had to be 1986 or 87 so I was 10 or 11



My love affair- and the world's really- continued through the late 80's early 90's when George grew up and put on his iconic leather jacket and tight jeans- literally, so hot right now!
This may be the sexiest song ever...


Then George put out what I consider a stellar album "Listen Without Prejudice" and he blew up the "Faith" juke box and burned his leather jacket to become a more serious artist.
Here's my fav. song from that album, "Waiting For That Day"


In the mid-nineties, he released "Older" that was on heavy rotation for me the summer of '96.
"Fastlove" is one of his best, I think:



After "Older" George put out the 2 CD collection of his best. One CD was "For the Heart" and included all his slow ballads while the 2nd CD was "For the Feet" and kept you dancing all day.

It included the song "Outside" which was his response to his confrontation with the police in a London park's public restroom...


He then released his newest albums "Patience" and "25 Live" before embarking on a US tour that I had the pleasure of attending in Atlanta in 2008.

Here is my fav. song from "Patience", "Precious Box":


So there you have it, a very quick and not at all comprehensive look at George's career and some of the songs that make me love him-- hope you do too!

1 comment:

  1. Fastlove and Too Funky are my favorites. At least at this point in time! Love this post so much.

    ReplyDelete