Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Game of Thrones, so hot right now


If you haven't seen Game of Thrones stop reading right now and do one of the following:
-add it to your Netflix queue and eagerly wait by your mailbox
- go buy season 1
- pay for HBO so you can watch the whole thing on demand or on HBO Go

Don't torrent it b/c this show needs money so more seasons can get made. I read somewhere that each episode costs about 5 million to make- 10 per season...you do the math. That could be totally untrue but I'm not taking any chances!

The acting in the series is great, Peter Dinklage won some awards for his portrayal of the imp, Tyrion Lannister, and the sets are amazing. The plot is wound so tight that there is not one episode too many and while the story is told to perfection you'll wish the season was 10 more episodes.

Seriously, this show is so good I just finished watching the first season for the second time, and am about 400 pages into book 2 "A Clash of Kings".  If you're not a fantasy lit person (which I am not but I couldn't wait any longer), then you're in for a treat because Season 2 starts Sunday, April 1st on HBO, so you won't have to wait months between season 1 and 2 like I did...


Another thing that's so hot right now- celebrating my friend Jenn's birthday this evening with the girls!
Lady Paradise @ Swirl Wine!
image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment