Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May, so hot right now

Well hey, May! I love May- it's hot but not "stay inside all day for fear of dying of heatstroke" hot.

In honor of May, I am going to do a project (or a to do item that has been on the list) a (week)day.
I only take on challenges with rhyming schemes.

For day 1 of "project a day May" I am going to go to Home Depot and get paint samples.
Picking paints is really daunting to me so after lots of paint chip collecting, I decided that I am going to use Martha Stewart's paint line sold at Home Depot.



It's great, she created a pallet with over 150 colors that are each catagorized by a symbol. As long as you choose colors with the same symbol, they will all flow together because they have the same undertone, thus taking the guess work out of choosing coordinating colors!

Here is an example- see the little symbols next to the names and formulas? Brilliant, I tell you!



I narrowed down my choices by looking at the whole palette and writing down the names and symbols of all the paint colors I loved. Then I counted them up to see which symbol I had the most of and decided from there.

I had a huge majority of the asterisk * symbol (you can see it above, top middle next to Lamb) so I selected a master bedroom color, 3 very similar colors for the main rooms that I can use all or one of, a fun color for the kitchen and a few "crazy" ones for the bathrooms.

Today after work I am off to Home Depot to purchase little samples of all my colors and start the process of finally getting our house painted!



image 1
image 2




1 comment:

  1. Looking at paint colors is the funnest part, right? I'm looking forward to seeing what you select for the finals.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete