Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kale, so hot right now

This is a post dedicated to Meri and Sarah...

Kale is having a serious moment right now- it's the veggie du jour (um, that sounds good- I'll have that).

Really, I had never had kale until I started juicing (fruit and veggies, not roids) and then serendipitously, kale has been everywhere.

You can juice it, saute it, eat it in a salad, make chips out of it- it's a super veggie!
Personally, I like it in green juice and in veggie soup.

It even showed up in my weekly Hollygrove Market box (there is is on the top right being all green and leafy- another one of my instagram photos)


I used mine in a really quick and easy soup made with chicken broth, shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken we had half eaten, carrots, zucchini, and leeks (all three also from the Hollygrove box). Add some S&P and a few bay leaves and you're good to go!

Next time I may try to make kale chips since Martha makes them look so easy in her Chili sauce kale chips:



Kale is having a moment...what will be the next fad veggie to take it's place?!

2 comments:

  1. Kale is so hot right now!! Sarah and I are against other leafy greens, such as Watercress, trying to move in on Kale's glory. Or ramps...what IS a ramp, anyway?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kale is the ULTIMATE in hot right now!

    ReplyDelete